I am constantly on the look-out for healthy, delicious recipes that are low-calorie and low-fat. Many times when reading Bon Appetit magazine or flipping through one of my bajillion beloved cookbooks, I get inspired by a dish that may not be quite as healthy. After reading the basics, the challenge is on! How can I make this recipe fit my lifestyle?!
I have a great one for you today that has become a go to staple for me. I created this recipe last spring after being inspired by a recipe I saw a recipe for chicken cordon bleu. It's such a quick and easy entree and can be easily paired with a side of sauteed garlic asparagus for a filling, healthy meal!
Low-Cal Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge (I love to use the light swiss flavor)
- Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Italian seasoning
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat glass pan with non-stick spray.
2) Take the chicken breast and cut a pocket in the middle running the majority of the length of the chicken. You are basically butterflying the chicken breast, without fully cutting the sides so filling stays inside.
3) Place 1 cup fresh spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15-30 seconds, or until spinach has wilted.
4) Remove spinach from microwave. Add Laughing Cow cheese wedge and minced garlic to the bowl and blend together until combined.
5) Carefully stuff filling inside chicken breast and secure with a toothpick.
6) Brush olive oil on the top of the chicken breast just enough to lightly coat. sprinkle Italian seasoning on top for added flavor.
7) Bake for 30 min. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Weight Watchers: 4 points
Delicious!! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!